Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Table Makeover


Beginner Painter Here

I have found that I really enjoy refinishing furniture, but I am new at this and learning as I go, so it takes me awhile.  Thank goodness for all the helpful blogs full of information out there. 
This is a table & chairs that I just finished for someone.


 It was actually in pretty good shape before redoing it. But she wanted it to match her kitchen.
I was nervous as I had never done a custom piece for anyone, I usually just finish them as I like them and then pop them up for sale.  I will be delivering it Thursday & I hope she likes it....



For this piece I just used some Lowe's paint that I had on hand & added the plaster of paris to give it the chalk look.   I had ordered some La Craie chalk paint but it had not arrived by the time I started.

I distressed the table and then I finished it off with La Craie Dark Wax, (by time I finished painting the table my order arrived) which I am just in love with. The wax is so user friendly, which is great because I was a little hesitant since I really didn't know what I was doing.  I did take a piece of wood and practice a bit before putting it on the table. Which I recommend for any beginners

So there you have it.  If I can makeover a table, anyone can do it ;)


La Craie Paints & Wax can be purchased from



Thanks for stopping by ~ Nicole

4 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job! The table looks great & I'm sure the owner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out just darling! I'm so proud of you. The projects you're doing are all coming out super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ;) I think I may take a painting class to learn some techniques.

      Delete