Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Vintage Desk Makeover

This was a special makeover for me, as this piece belonged to one of my life long friends great grandma, we estimate it to be over 100 years old

I am bad at remembering to take before photos, but that is her tucked in the back
  
I wasn't too sure how I wanted to fix her up, I thought about stripping it down and starting fresh but I had made such a disaster the first and only time I tried stripping a piece of furniture that I really didn't want to go down that road again. Long story short, I ended up just stripping and sanding the top down.  I was happy that I did, the wood was beautiful underneath (again forgot pics)  The rest of the body was real easy to work with, the paint basically just chipped off.
 

Here she is all done 









I used the Masion Blanche Robbin's Egg blue for the drawers & a self made chalk paint chalk paint recipe cream color that I already had and finished it off with Masion Blanche Amber wax.




I purchase my paints
 from
FOX HOLLOW COTTAGE 


Thanks for stopping by
Signature




No comments:

Post a Comment